While everyone is exited here in Perth ( I guess it is the same elsewhere in the country and worldwide), may I take this opportunity to wish you a happy easter!
Actually, as you guys, easter means a lot to me. Thanks to my dear catholic mum, since I know myself, we have been celebrating this event in my parents house in Conakry. For the past 6 years since I came back to Guinea after a long stay abroad for my studies, I have never missed the easter lunch at home. This year, I am going to miss it!
However, celebrating it in Australia is another great experience as well. As of today, we will have 4 days leave for the purpose. In Guinea, we do not have such a privilege, although we have some public holidays for religious celebrations (both muslim and christian).
I have the privilege of celebrating both events all the time as a muslim being the son of a christian exceptionnal lady from Haiti, married for 50 years now to my exceptionnal dad.
For this week end, I am certainly going to enjoy a dinner with the Davies ( my Boss and His wife) who are both great Chefs and are in Perth from Guinea only to spend this great event with family.
Enjoy choclates but not that much :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment