It was an honour for me to be invited twice (saturday and sunday) to enjoy chocolate, and high class food, cooked by the exceptionnal mother of my boss.
I must admit that the valuable time spent with Lynn allowed me to notice as she said herself that "mothers speak the same language...." and i woul add the word "great" to that because I feel that she is one. I was able to notice many qualities she share with my mum....
Given the quality of the food we enjoyed, I even said to her that I would easily grant her 3 stars of "Michelin." in recognition of her cooking performance. :)
i learned a lot during these two evenings.
On saturday, we arrived at around six. I was taken by my boss's dad to a garden tour. After that, the barbecue started. I knew that Barbecue is enjoyed in Australia. However, what I did not know is that it is a matter of men. Men do surround the BBQ set, place the steaks and saussages on the grill and manage the whole process until it is ready to be eaten. Women would thet sit aside or make sure a salad is ready to accompany steaks and saussages. You always learn something in life. I promissed myself that I will buy a BBQ set and take it back with me in Guinea in order to continue enjoying this strong socializing enabler.
In my country, we have tea gatherings that look like BBQ: it is called "attaya" It is a tradition that comes from the arabic culture. People can spend 3 to six hours enjoying a strong chinese tea while having any sort of discussions.
On sunday, I found out through my boss, why we actually have starts on the Australian flag. It is the southern cross. A constellation that is found in the souther hemisphere during the night that helps to now where the south is. When you know where the south is, you are able to determine the three others and then find your way.


0 comments:
Post a Comment